Monday, July 26, 2010




I had an hour and a half to kill/fill this afternoon so, I went to the Barnes & Noble at the Main Place Mall. I haven't been there for years but I like that it's two stories and that they keep their Literatura upstairs. I also like that the cafe is downstairs and therefore the upstairs is less crowded and noisy. These aren't the only books that caught my eye but i read a little bit from each of these. The first one is about Columbus and his hidden identity. Known works, diaries and recorded verbal accounts are used as the basis as well as this Codice 632 that was discovered not too long ago. The next book is a straight murder mystery. I like the author so, it caught my eye. The last one is written by a journalist and discusses the social psychology evolving around the violent and murderous kidnappings occurring in Mexico at the moment. These are now on my list, my very long list.




What I'm reading right now Hotel Honolulu

Hotel Honolulu

1 comment:

  1. I don't understand the violence that seems to permeate Mexican politics and culture. I follow what is online, and occasionally watch Spanish TV news -not that I understand it all, but I get the gist- and it seems made up and cartoonish. What the hell? Is this book available in English?

    I am sure you could enlighten me on the subject, put it on our list of things we can't waste time talking about on skype.

    AB

    ReplyDelete