Sunday, October 31, 2010

Happy Halloween

These are 3 of the 4 pumpkins that I carved this year. I really do love carving them. The harder the challenge the more accomplished it feels at this stage. My roomie flaked and didn't go get the candy so, sadly these cannot be displayed the way they should be. However they are being enjoyed in the backyard along with some music on vinyl.

The first one i did free hand. It's a goal of mine to someday carve my own ideas and make even cooler jack 0 lanterns. The other 2 pumpkins came with the carving kit that Roxana picked up for me. Did you know they have child safe pumpkin carving kits? Makes it just a little harder for grown ups but definitely would be perfect for letting the little ones try their hands at doing some of their own work.

And, as Halloween isn't over yet. I'm off the enjoy some spookier endeavors. Happy Halloween to all.

1 comment:

  1. How did you get such great pics of your jack-o-lanterns? They came out really well, and I love the sense of accomplishment that comes with them. The last few years I've been putting glow sticks in them. Red and green look pretty awesome, but I am sure blue and white would look good in the right design.

    I did some kick ass ones this year, not free hand, but self designed. I just eye ball the front, and get a pencil out and outline my idea. If it's really exotic I sketch it out or use a picture from on line and resize it to trace.

    I am cool with just letting the kids play with the innards and then running off away from the sharp implements and determined Mommy.

    ReplyDelete